Sunday, 15 May 2011

Bukit Tinggi, 24-4-2011

One day before I return to Stockholm, my father drove me to Bukit Tinggi. When I arrived in the botanical garden, there were already a group of birders standby in front of the nest of silver-breasted broadbill hanged over the road. At first the birds were hide in the nest, then they left for 'lunch'. While waiting for them to return, I talked to the birders. Some of them coming all the way from Sri Lanka, while others are local birders. Adrian and Alagan pointed their gear toward the nest, waiting for the best moment. They had captured some nice pictures earlier in the morning, I think I should be here earlier next time. Not much to see at this time, a raptor was flying over and we also heard of Indian cuckoo calling. A blue-winged leafbird was also spotted. I was waiting for more than 2 hours and just the moment I decide to leave, the broadbills were back! Thanks to the help of Adrian and Karen, I managed to get some nice images of silver-breasted broadbill and ochraseous bulbul. What's a great day! I thought I will leave with zero shot, at the last moment, I filled up the memory card just in 15 minutes!

Location: Bukit Tinggi, Pahang, Malaysia
Date: 24-4-2011
Time: 11.00am-3.00pm
Weather: Sunny
Equipment: Canon 7D + Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L
Bird list: Silver-breasted Broadbill (Serilophus lunatus), Ochraceous Bulbul (Alophoixus ochraceus), Blue-winged Leafbird (Chloropsis cochinchinensis), Oriental Magpie Robin (Copsychus saularis)

View all pictures at my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkahwai/sets/72157626495333063/

Silver-breasted Broadbill (Serilophus lunatus) - male

Silver-breasted Broadbill (Serilophus lunatus) - male

Silver-breasted Broadbill (Serilophus lunatus) - female
 
Silver-breasted Broadbill (Serilophus lunatus) - female


Silver-breasted Broadbill (Serilophus lunatus)

Ochraceous Bulbul (Alophoixus ochraceus)

28 comments:

  1. Wow. The Broadbill is very beautiful. Great shots, very much worth waiting for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the broadbills are great, but Silver-breasted must be about the most beautiful. fine shots !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing series! These photographs are outstanding! What stunning looking birds. You captured them beautifully. So very crisp and clear. A joy to visit your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my word, those are beautiful birds! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant pics of the broadbill Kah Wai.

    A little worried about the 'nest close up' pic, there is a post currently on Birds2blog 'The Photographers Tale' on that very/similar subject which might interest you.

    http://woodruff4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh....what an adorable little bird, and gorgeous photos as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good effort. Superb images, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant photos, especially the Silver-breasted Broadbill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really stunning birds, so finely photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very Sharpe very colorful picture collection.

    If you have a time please follow my blog, http://wwwmysrilanka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible! Good for you staying so patient. Thank you for sharing these treasures Kah-wai Lin. Such elegant captures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are awesome shots. The broadbill are beautiful birds. Love the crest on the bulbul.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Silver-breasted Broadbill. Amazing looking bird.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A truly amazing looking bird and brilliant shots KW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful bird to see.
    You have captured them so well.
    Amazing little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful birds and lovely clear photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful strange-looking bird! It looks like a painted toy bird! Terrific post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful bird. Excellent captures! Love the peek out of the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are wonderful photos of a very beautiful bird! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful set of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there - what a remarkable bird and equally remarkable pictures.

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pictures. Very interesting bird.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really a beautiful set of images. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a stunning bird the Broadbill is............

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow! amazing photos of a true beauty. that leave in its beak is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a colourful bird and you have recorded some great images, well done.

    ReplyDelete