The is the second visit to Kinta Nature Park. As previous visit, thousands of herons were seen during the busy breeding season. Captured some pictures of herons and surrounding birds. It was an overcast day, the light isn't perfect but it's suit for simple composition capture, I am overall satisfy with some of the heron's pictures. The rather short birding session was ended by the rainfall.
Location: Kinta Nature Park, Perak, Malaysia
Date: 12-4-2011
Time: 4.00pm-5.00pm
Weather: Cloudy
Equipment: Canon 7D + Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L
Bird list: Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea), Purple Heron (Ardea purpurea), Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia), Baya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus), White-breasted Waterhen (Amaurornis phoenicurus), Common Myna (Acridotheres tristis)
View all pictures at my Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkahwai/sets/72157626484319899/
![]() |
| Purple Heron (Ardea purpurea) |
![]() |
| Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) |
![]() |
| Baya Weaver (Ploceus philippinus) |
![]() |
| Common Iora (Aegithina tiphia) |




I am curious as to what you do for a living, one day yo are here and not...
ReplyDeleteany nice visit huh.
Thanks! Those pictures taken in Malaysia were done during my 3 weeks vacation. I am now return to job in Sweden:) My job is about medical research.
ReplyDeleteI like all the photos! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteVery well done series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely set of images.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks for sharing your beautiful birds.
Nice photos of interesting birds.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds and photos.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to these birds after recently visiting Malaysia... lovely shots
ReplyDeleteYour photos are so beautiful! Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours! :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing captures Kah-Wia Lin! I struggeled deciding whether to get the 100-400L or the 400L prime back when I started birding. I purchased the later. I must say, after seeing these lovely shots I'm wondering again if I made the right choice!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots!
ReplyDeleteGreat Purple Heron shot!
ReplyDeleteA great set of images. The picture of the Great Purple Heron is stunning. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteReally amazing shots! You are presenting perfect shots in a very profesional way. Great event for me!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos! Your Heron shots are spectacular!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful captures of some amazing birds! The first two are my favorites.
ReplyDeleteOH well you picked the right spot to vacation!! Excellent birds n photos!
ReplyDelete