Thursday, 10 March 2011

Ring Recovery - Mute Swan X7740

A ringed mute swan was spotted in Stockholm Strom on 26 February. I submitted a recovery form to Bird Ringing Centre at Swedish Museum of Natural History and Euring. Today I recieved the ring recovery report from Swedish Museum of Natural History. The swan has been recovered many times around Stockholm area (travel farthest to Skarholmen, 15 km/255°) since it was ringed in 2002. It was also recorded that the swan lived together with a male and 4 kids in 2005-2006.

Ring: X7740
Object: Mute swan (Cynus olor)
Captured: 2002-01-27, 59º 20´N 18º 05´E, Uppland, Stockholm, Strommen (Stained by oil: wash 2002-01-31)
Released: 2002-02-05
Location: Sweden, Uppland, Stockkholm, Djurgarden, L. Sjortullen
Coordinate: 59º 19´N 18º 09´E (Released after rehabilitation at KFV Fridhamnen)

Recovery Date: 2011-02-26
Location: Sweden, Uppland, Stockholm, Strommen
Coordinate: 59º 20´N 18º 05´E
Detail: Ring readed without catching

Elapsed time: 9 years 21 days, distance/direction (orthodrome): 4km/296° WNW


Mute swan (Cynus olor)

4 comments:

  1. A lovely capture. Swans are always a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you are doing with this Blog. Great stuff. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...thats a great record and a beautiful bird..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one! As you have noticed, I have a thing for ringed birds in an urban environment ;-)
    And I love Malaysia, too. Great pics on your blog btw.

    Thanks for checking my blog and posting a message there.

    Vincent
    http://babbler.blog.com

    ReplyDelete